Valente SmellyBottom

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 7, 2005

Happy National Day!


i love singapore!
Originally uploaded by tumbleweeed.
Ok, here's a special entry in honour of our nation's birthday tomorrow. HAPPY BIRTHDAY singapore! Incidentally, I met this guy with the 'I LOVE SINGAPORE' tee shirt at the beach yesterday. It's weird to see someone wearing something so patriotic in another country and no- he is not Singaporean! Make your own guesses how he landed this tee. Oh by the way, the Timorese like bananas and one of the types that are sold are called Singaporean bananans. Haha, they're the fat ones. I wonder why they call them that...

Speaking of nation building, it's really an exciting time to be here in TL. You see a new young nation struggling to get up on its feet and I wonder if that's how we were 40 years ago? It thrills me to see this whole 'work in progress' because the future is hard to tell. It's really how much everyone's going to give that will make a difference, ya?

The Timorese fought hard for independence but boy oh boy, getting their own flag and anthem is really just the first step of the struggle. and yes, it's hard. Very hard. Who says it's easy paying your own bills? Cooking your own food, sweeping your own floor, catching your own bugs. All those not staying with parents anymore should know what i'm talking about. I guess independence is like that. Ok, i know i simplify but really...

I'm really glad to be here now, witnessing this moment when a young nation and its people take their own future in their hands. Who knows how things will turn out? :-)

HAPPY NATIONAL DAY SINGAPORE!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Heyhey.
    Nice blog, very enjoyable to read :)

    Anyway, happy national day! The atmosphere's been great this year! :)

    ReplyDelete