Valente SmellyBottom

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, September 19, 2005

so much to do, so little time


morning in aileu
Originally uploaded by tumbleweeed.
sometimes i wish i have 48 hours in a day or that every year has 24 months. Don't you?

I turn 30 next month. It seems like a lot of years to be on this earth, and yet, I feel like i am just beginning to learn to walk and run! The possibilities of what next to do seem endless. but time waits for no man or woman. It's just going tick-tock tick-tock all the time. Is there a way to freeze time? (or my ovaries? LOL)

"Many things can wait; the child cannot….To him, we cannot say tomorrow; his name is today." - Gabriela Mistral

How true this quote is. Sometimes i wish that i had begun venturing out earlier. But then, when i look back at my 4 years in news, I realise how invaluable the experience was. And would I be the same person i am now if i did not see Chile, myanmar or tibet? I guess God does work at His own pace.

And to QY who lamented on his blog about wishing to be OUT there doing stuff - patience. You don't know how many times i asked myself why i never thought of studying to be a doctor or a nurse so that i can really save lives with my hands. So your turn will come but keep the flame burning!

We can't rush things, but we can seize every moment. That famous quote from the film Dead Poets' Society comes to mind : "Suck the marrow out of life."

In Singapore, that would be "have you savoured any tulang of life lately?"

No comments:

Post a Comment