Valente SmellyBottom

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 1, 2006

Photo by Armando Lay.

This boy here is Lukas - he's not shy, but was playing peek a boo with me when i interviewed his father yesterday at the Dom Bosco camp. He was one of the three children identified as severely malnourished and needed to be sent to the hospital for treatment.You know how they say, every cloud has a silver lining? I think that if not for this emergency and them being at the camp, Lukas may not have been identified as malnourished and put on treatment until it's too late. Lukas was very bright despite clearly underweight. Thankfully there were many other children who were healthy, very bright clever eyes. 'Matenek los!' i have to say.

I went to the Canossian sister's IDP camp on Friday and met a girl who was in the English mass choir. She came and hugged me. She had lost so much weight but still had a smile on her face...

Photo by Armando Lay.

Clothes of some staff living in our compound, some of their homes have been destroyed by gangs, while others do not dare to return home as their other relatives have fled to the districts.

Will blog more when i have the time! Don't forget Timor!

2 comments:

  1. hey babe, Good to hear from you, and to know you're safe. Will be praying for your safety and checking your blog regularly for updates. Won't forget Timor - I read news about the country cos of you. Keep up the good work! God bless, yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    I heard you visited H.O.P.E Orphanage earlier this year from Jason. I'm new to this but keen to help arrange fundraising back here in Australia. Just wondered about your thoughts on the place (everyone seems so impressed) and gathering info until I can speak to Isa. Please contact me at suehowling@hotmail.com
    Love your work.

    ReplyDelete