Valente SmellyBottom

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 1, 2006

no more violence

FCJ at Balide organised a day of wall painting for the boys in the 'hood last Friday. Apparently the boys have been running to FCJ as a shelter each time they fight, using the walls as their shield. Instead of turning the boys away, FCJ got them and others in the neighbourhood to paint the walls turning it into a montage of colourful anti-war messages. A real lift for those passing through the area - on the way to Santa Cruz or towards Balide Church. Amen to small acts like this one!

1 comment:

  1. Finally, World peace for the time being! Hi Bridgette, I'm Eric from Singapore. I came across your interesting blog from some past issue magazine at the Nat. Skin Clinic last week. Well, I have email to you telling a bit of myself but guess you may not be able to reply so I guess I gotta just add some comments here. As I was saying, I was part of the SAF Contingent serving as Peacekeepers for two missions from 2002 to 2003 under UNMISET. I was also activated to be on standby to be inserted in TL as advance party when the riots started recently but the mission was KIVed due to two other hotspots in Indonesia which required our immediate attentions so guess I won't be able to visit TL for the time being. I am amazed to learn that you have given up your CNA career during your peak just to pursue what you have always wanted, keep it up and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete