So a friend told me to expect that I might experience hair loss when Val reaches his fourth month. She couldn’t say why – just an old wives tale from Indonesia. I thought maybe it's hormones – you know how pregnancy sometimes gives luscious locks to moms so perhaps it's payback time once those growth hormones melt away. But I recently found out that my hair loss (I see strands of my hair on Val’s face) is not due to any hormonal changes..
It’s simply the physical duress my hair experiences each time I carry my son. You see, he’s found that if he grabs two fistful of mama’s hair real tight, he would be able to stand up better in her arms. No mercy, no negotiation, no pity. My hair has become Val’s support bar, his reins. Sometimes those locks of hair goes into his enzyme-packed mouth for a good licking too.
Arrghh…if I find more strands of me hair stuck on his face again tomorrow, let’s see who gets a licking. Now, i know where that phrase "tearing your hair out" might have originated from!

No comments:
Post a Comment