Valente SmellyBottom

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

a Meltdown and a rubbery mouth


A friend N sweetly asked how he could celebrate my birthday with me. Without a thought, I said Zoo! So off we went last Sunday, a day after my birthday. It was my first time doing the gimmicky feed-the-animals thing, but it was Val who hankered to feed the rhinos and after one try (the zoo keeper shoved Val's hand along with his right into the rhino's wet, slobbering gap), he refused to do it anymore. So there I was shoving bananas (unpeeled) and papayas (sliced and peeled!) into the pachyderm's rubbery, grey crevasse of a mouth which looked weirdly alien, as it chomped greedily away, saliva dripping copiously. We couldn't wait to wash our hands after!

Although Val's older and can appreciate the zoo better than the two times before, I somehow had a harder time with him. More often than not, he was more enthralled with the seats in the amphitheatre and with driving a stationary tram than the animals. To cap it all off, we had a mother of all crying fits at the end, when the tired boy refused to stop "driving" the said tram. Very embarrassing end to the day. Oh well, let's hope the next trip will be a better one! (I'm not sure N would come along!)

No comments:

Post a Comment