Sunday, November 7, 2010
too many to remember
I have a gazillion accounts in the "cloud" - my Gmail, my Hotmail, my Yahoomail, my Facebook, my Twitter, my Dropbox (love it), my iTunes, my Flickr, my e-banking accounts (shhhh - four!), my CPF account, my Deakin student account, my eBay, my Amazon, my Reuseit.com account, my Kooldepot account, and many more I don't even remember I have. It's near impossible to keep track - and good Lordy, remembering the passwords can be a hellish event. The security experts say never to use the same passwords but how can a simple brain keep track of so many different ones? I just end up clicking that "forgot your password?" link each time I log-in to some of these accounts, especially after a long absence. Or I just keep trying all permutations and rely on dumb luck to get through - which is no different from hacking into my own account.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment