
But guess what? While God shed tears for Timor, we - here - are getting flooded thanks to bad piping and drainage system(read = bad fengshui) in the UN compound.
Our section, which together with the Education folks occupies the Kobe Hut #5, has the seat of honour next to the septic tanks - so every two days when the trucks come, we take in some strong scents concocted by Mother Nature. I'm still figuring out whom I can sue when my lungs fill up with thick layers of organic fertilisers. But that's a story for another day.
What's more URGENT here, is that we're in danger of the flood waters bursting into the loose lids of the septic tank because water keeps draining out the compound next to ours, right into our area! We even have to wade our way to the loos which are behind the kobe hut and in shin-deep waters.
But wait... hang on... as I pound this out onto my PC, the rains have stopped. It's coming to a trickle.... yes! Hallelujah! But the scene outside has not changed. I'll have to get wet to get home now...
All i can say is God sure is humourous.

No comments:
Post a Comment