Val having a "conversation" with Uncle J about his rockIt was very serendipitous I must say. Sometime in May or June 2009, I interviewed an architect on their ION Orchard project and that guy passed me a small booklet that had mug shots of his staff. I looked and did a double take when I saw a familiar face - a friend from JC whom I had not seen in 16 years! My interviewee was equally surprised and hooked us both up via email. So i wrote to say hi to J who is now based in Shanghai, and an intermittent conversation started from there on.
When J was back in Singapore briefly, I brought Val out to meet Uncle J, who really really lived up to his self-professed reputation for having a knack for kids. Of course, it helped that there was some ice-cream to break the ice! But I must say the pair got on roaringly well. I think it helped that I had shown Val Uncle J's picture before they met cos I was afraid that his beard might scare the lil boy. I think that early picture introduction worked really well - so well, that by the end of our outing, Val even dared to touch the scraggly beard and give the uncle a peck on his cheek! So Kudos to you, Uncle J!
Since this guy is a rare visitor I thought I shd commemorate the occasion with some (crappy iPhone) pictures here of our sweltering hot afternoon out at Pasir Ris Park - which in my opinion is an absolutely fab place to bring an energetic 2 year old!
Where else do we start but at Val's favourite fire engine???
The driver and his over-sized passenger
Wasn't before long that Val ventured into the murky Pasir Ris waters. Urgg...
Contemplation...Hmm... shd we dash in?
Dippy toes and fingers! But Val still got incredibly sandy and wet! We sure weren't prepared to swim, not in Pasir Ris waters!
Never easy to say goodbye to the sea when you're having a great time! But lil fella, it's time to get out!

No comments:
Post a Comment