Valente SmellyBottom

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 23, 2010

How many days/years has it been since u last washed your jeans?


Right, so I learn something new everyday. Recently I found out from my trendier, and younger colleagues that if you really know your jeans, you wouldn't wash them each time you wear them. It's bizarre. I mean, I know jeans are usually worn a few more times than other clothings before they're washed.

But they were telling me

a) NEVER wash your jeans when you first buy them - you wear them for at least half a year so that its character will set in (*faint*) & the beautiful indigo won't run. Here read this: I checked my trusty Internet sources.

b) thereafter, it's alright to wash them once a month OR even once a year (*faint*) - of course, be sure to sun dry them, cos the sun kills bacteria.

Here's the best: someone knows of someone who didn't wash her jeans for

...........................................................................

SEVEN friggin' years.

My take? Until the day I spend hundreds of dollars on a pair of designer jeans (made with natural indigo dye, and NOT made in China) and my son is old enough not to bury his face in my pants, I might, I just might consider not washing them the first time I buy them.

And yes, I am going to try not washing my new organic denim jeans for 1 month (which alas, I have washed ONCE). I'll see if they fit better than ever.

UPDATE: Sorry but I threw in the towel literally after 1.5 weeks. I just HAD to wash them. They were just not feeling fresh anymore and I felt compelled to wear them so often cos you know, I didn't want to put them back into the wardrobe to mingle with my laundered clothes, sun-dried or NOT. I'll try again, err.... another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment