Inspired, I made a trip down to the market last Saturday and the first stop (and as it turned out, the only one) was at Zenxin Organic Food because my friend SY had parked her car there!

The shop was having a Halloween promo - inviting kids to try out food and "potions". There were a few staff cooking incredibly tasty organic food - I loved the baked potato with cheese, butter and garlic! There were plenty of organic raisins to go around too and also some brown rice. I had a cuppa of London Tea Company's Ginger Lemon tea and bought a pack for a preggers friend who seems to be suffering from morning sickness all day long.

Also grabbed two boxes of organic grapes (two boxes for $10), a large bottle of Dr Bronner's Castille Soap (finally found it here for $29.90 - i usually dilute my soaps so they do last quite long), and also a can of organic dried raisins that were $3 cheaper than other places.

I wished I had more time to go to other shops but the whiny boy was hungry so that was my first and very short visit to the wholesale market. Will be back again another time - maybe on my own so that I can shop in peace!

i wanna go too!! Two boxes of organic grapes for $10 is cheaper than I expected. Not much more than un-organic grapes.
ReplyDeleteyes isn't it? But like all things organic, you never know what's there till you're at the place. so best to call ahead and check if you're sure what exactly you want. Another place at the wholesale market is apparently HupCo. my friend bought 10 organic apples for $5. not cheap. but not skyrocket prices too. my dad gets organic apples at 5 for $1.50 from NTUC but not all the time. :-) when you going ar? tell me leh.
ReplyDelete